BGE - High Temp Gasket Kit XXL, XL, L
High-Performance Gasket Kits
The heat sealing gasket material installed on a Big Green Egg is designed to last for years under normal operating conditions. However, if the felt gasket shows signs of excessive wear or deterioration, it can easily be replaced using the new Big Green Egg High Performance Gasket Kit.
Gasket Replacement Kit for XXL (requires 2), XL and Large EGG – 113726
Replacing the Gasket
The heat sealing gasket material installed on your Big Green Egg® is designed to last for years under normal
operating conditions. If the gasket shows signs of excessive wear or deterioration, it can be easily replaced
using a Genuine Big Green Egg High Performance Gasket Kit.
• Make sure the EGG is completely cool. Change gasket only in a dry, well-ventilated location. Please
take safety precautions and use protective gloves and eyewear.
• Begin by slightly moistening the old gasket material with acetone or isopropyl alcohol. Completely
remove the old gasket with a flat-edged scraper, and then clean the rim of the base and lid with
acetone or isopropyl alcohol to remove any gasket or adhesive residue (caution should be taken to
avoid damage to the ceramic surface). Do not use common household adhesive removers as they can
leave a residue on the ceramic surface.
• Allow ceramic to dry for at least 30 minutes; the surface must be clean and dry for the new gasket to
adhere. The new gasket is self-adhesive, provided that you have properly removed the old gasket and
cleaned the surface as instructed.
• Simply remove the backing from the gasket, taking care not to touch the adhesive side, and press
firmly down onto the rim. Carefully curve or bend the gasket material around the rim as you press
down, being careful not to let the gasket material hang over the inside edge. Do not pull or attempt to
stretch the gasket; there is ample material for the top and bottom rim of your EGG. Trim any excess
length as needed.
• Before using EGG, please allow gasket to cure for 24 hours in a dry location with the lid closed. To
improve longevity, keep gasket clean of grease and oils.
CAUTION - Only replace the gasket on a completely cooled and dry Big Green Egg. Wear protective eyewear
and gloves when handling acetone or isopropyl alcohol; work only in a well-ventilated area, and do not use
these products while smoking, near an open flame or near any source of ignition.