CUBO - skewer making box.
"CUBO" Skewer Making Box - Make 100 Skewers at a time.
Imported from ITALY! Used to make Traditional Arrosticini.
WOW your family and friends next time with a skewer party with these bite size morsels - especially if you have a skewer charcoal BBQ which then makes it fun and exciting to watch and eat.
This clever box is designed for 1 person to make 100 skewers at a time and all you need is bamboo skewers and a long thin fillet or slicer knife.
Please check the image in our listing showing the step by step process in using this box to make skewers.
Best length of bamboo skewer to use is of 25cm or 10" long. The shortest skewer you can use is 20cm or 8" and the longest is 30cm or 12".
Make sure that the bamboo skewer is no thicker than 3mm in DIA, else the skewer won't go through the holes in the box.
You can make any type of meat, veg or fruit skewer - its up to your imagination.
Try out our "Arrosticini" recipe - Make skewers using a leg of lamb but make sure you include approximately 20% of lamb fat in between layers. Cook over charcoal making sure you have the fat reducing and is flavouring the meat, then sprinkle with salt and serve up piping hot. It's irresistible!
- Stainless steel cage with knife slicing slots (2mm wide slots).
- Hard plastic top and bottom covers with 100 hole guides for skewers. (3mm DIA holes).
- Includes 1 stainless steel metal skewer (to help pre-skewer before bamboo is inserted) and stainless steel sheet square (to help push out skewers at the same time when lifting top off)
Box size approximately 16 x 16 x 16cm
- Produces skewers on bamboo with a depth of 14 x 14mm and approximately 11cm of length.
- Use a filleting or ham slicer to cut through. Note that the thickness of the knife should be 1mm from tip to handle so as you can slice through without jamming knife in the slots.
- Knife and bamboo skewers are not included.
This product is imported direct from an Italian manufacturer specializing in Arrosticini skewer grills. All support and service managed by an Australian company dedicated to supporting this brand and promoting charcoal grilling in Australia.
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE TO SEE TIPS AND TRICKS ON USING THIS BOX - > http://bit.ly/makingarrosticini
Try our Arrosticini! - Grilling Arrosticini originated in Italy from the Abruzzo region near the Adriatic Sea.
Simply cube up 1.4cm sized pieces of shoulder lamb leg and skewer onto a pre-soaked 25cm long bamboo stick. You should have around 10-11cm of meat on each skewered leaving 1cm bare from the pointed tip.
When your charcoal is nice and hot suspend each skewer directly over and grilled slowly. Allow the smoke to rise from any fats dripping on the hot ash - it should take between 6 to 10 minutes to cook.
The actual secret to perfect Arrosticini is the inclusion of lamb fat in each skewer and to serve hot off the grill as a bunch with a generous sprinkling of salt, making them quite flavoursome and addictive. Its possible that an average adult could eat 20 to 30 skewers in this method at one sitting.