External mounted Smoke Generator 1 Litre SMOKAI
Convert Your Hooded BBQ, Wine Barrel or Box into a Smoke House!
SMART DESIGN - MADE IN NEW ZEALAND:
THE SMOKAI 1-LITRE SMOKE GENERATOR IS THE PERFECT FOOD SMOKING COMPANION
ADDED EXTRA BONUS BAG OF BBQr's Delights 100% WOOD FLAVOUR PELLETS in 0.45kg / 1 lb bag thrown in.
CHOOSE YOUR 0.45kg/1lb pellet bag to be included in your Smokai order! We will add in Hickory, but drop us a note if you wish to swap for one of these flavours instead!
- Jack Daniels
- Savory Herb,
- Sugar Maple
- Black Walnut
The Smokai 1-Litre Smoke Generator is perfect for turning your hooded BBQ/Grill into a quality smoker.
The Smoke Generator can be retrofitted to any suitable food safe structure: a BBQ, grill, wine barrel, hive, smokehouse, electric or gas smoker, old refrigerator, drum, cabinet, etc.
The Smoke Generator uses gravity fed Woodchip or Smoking Pellets producing a high volume of smoke per Kg. 1 Kg of Woodchip will provide approximately 12 hours of smoking time (on a low pump setting and depending on wood used).
- 3 precision engineered, modular stainless steel components lock together to form the Smoke Generator - the hopper, smoke tube and bracket (there are no welded components, hinges, bent tubes, wing nuts or any other obstacles).
- It is designed to be taken apart and reassembled quickly making it very easy to empty ash and clean the unit.
- The base bracket never needs cleaning and can be left in place after mounting to the side of the food safe structure.
- The wide, cylindrical hopper design reduces the chance of smoking wood binding in the hopper.
- The beechwood lid can be removed safely by hand at any time.
- Supplied with a high quality air pump, selected for matched performance and durability. Matched performance, because the Smoke Generator design and pump, both work in unison
- 7.5cm Dia Cylinder standing 25cm high in Stainless Steel
- Air hose and air pump included. Requires 240V AC mains
- Uses Sawdust, wood chip (2-10mm) or pellets
- Food safe smokehouse requires 25mm dia hole on the side.
- Hooded BBQs should have existing Rotisserie hole at least 20mm dia.
- Use is simple - turn on air pump and and light smoke fuel in hopper through the two holes on the side.
- Up to 8 hrs smoke per load using pellets with air pump on low
- External mounted Smokai can be easily topped up during longer smoking session.
- Made in New Zealand
= Note air pump may differ than the one in image
Depending on hardwood varies, size and air flow you can smoke up to 8 hours or more on one load of smoking fuel in its hopper. Made from high grade and hygienic stainless steel, you can mount the Smokai on the side of a barrel, drum, old fridge, old filing cabinet or even a cardboard box. Optional rotisserie mount available separately ($25 ea) for those wanting to quickly and easily sit this unit on the existing rotisserie mount on standard hooded gas BBQ.
Cold Smoking: The Smoke Generator produces a consistent, high volume of quality, cool smoke. Whether cold smoking fish, cheese or putting that finishing touch on your hand crafted salami.
Hot* Smoking: The Smoke Generator is perfect for applying a high volume of quality smoke when Hot Smoking (*a separate heat source is required to cook your food when hot smoking).
Smoke volume can be adjusted by changing the setting on the air pump between high or low. Note air pump requires 240V mains power.
Also bought items
Mad Hunky’s General Purpose No Salt rub is a no added salt/low sugar meat rub with nothing but the finest ingredients used. Same ingredients as the General Purpose but NO SALT allowing you to add your own, or none at all! As are all Mad Hunky products, it is MSG, gluten and peanut free!
Pecan Pellets, in 1lb Bag Resealable Bag. Similar to hickory but milder and sweeter with a nut after-taste. Great on Beef, pork, poultry, fish, game.
The ONLY barbecue wood pellet that's 100% flavor-wood! These food-grade wood pellets are the fastest and easiest way to give your food...more
Step-by-step guide to delicious BBQ cooking with a Tex Mex influence.
When Swedish food critic Jonas Cramby travelled around the US he was so taken with the Tex-Mex style of food he'd stick his head in restaurant kitchens to ask staff how exactly they cooked these amazing meals....more