BUY USING ZIP MONEY For Purchases over $1000 and get 0% interest for 3 months on approved Zip Money customers!
The brand Backwoods Smokers originates from Dixie, Louisiana USA and has been manufacturing competition, domestic and commercial smokers for the past 30+ years as well as exporting all over the World.
Using patented double wall construction and high-quality insulation in their cookers, users get superior heat control whilst the outside of the cooker stays cool.
Several of the most successful teams on the US BBQ circuit use these cookers for that very reason, plus the fact that it's easy to operate, inexpensive to run and efficient to use.
The latest addition to the Backwoods Smoker family is based on the popular US-made portable Chubby unit, which is well loved by both BBQ competitor and backyard enthusiast.
Called the Chubby 3400, this more affordable model includes the same reverse flow, double wall design and powder coated exterior for longer protection as its big brother Chubby version, but features stainless steel interior and bonus stainless steel heat diverter.
- 508mm (20″) deep, plus 64mm (2½″) for the thermometer and door latches
- 737mm (29″) tall, plus 51mm (2″) for the stack
- 508mm (20″) wide
Cooking Chamber dimensions:
- 432mm (17″) deep
- 330mm (13″) tall cooking chamber
- 406mm (16″) wide
- Four, 76mm (3″) apart
- 419mm (16½”) deep
- 394mm (15½”) wide
- 3.2mm (1/8″) Nickel plated round bar
- All stainless steel inside
- Heat diverter
- Removable stainless steel water pan
- Black doors with slam latches
- 1 extra slider for rack height adjustment
- Pre-drilled Caster bolt hole pattern on bottom of the 3 inch feet
- 3.2mm (1/8″) nickel plated racks
Amount of charcoal: (approx.) 2.7kg to 4.5kg (6 to 10 lbs)
Cooking time: (approx.) 6 to 10 hours, depending on the temperature used for cooking
- 8 slabs of baby back ribs, or
- 2 to 3 smaller brisket, or
- 2 to 4 Boston butts