Tom Douglas Rub w Love Salmon Rub 454g
Rub with Love Salmon Rub by Tom Douglas.
Large 1 lb / 454g plastic jar.
Tom’s first rub flavors “the best salmon in Seattle” at Etta’s restaurant, according to Northwest Palate Magazine. The rub is a combination of paprika, thyme, and brown sugar. It can also add sweet smoky flavor to pork or chicken.
GRILLED RUB WITH LOVE SALMON
Ingredients: Olive oil for brushing; About 5 tablespoons Rub with Love Salmon Rub on Eight salmon fillets, skin off. 1 lime & 1 lemon
-Fire up the charcoal grill for medium-hot direct heat.
- Lightly brush the salmon on both sides with oil.
- Generously coat the salmon fillets on both sides with the spice rub.
- Grill the salmon over direct heat, covered, with the vents open.
- Watch your salmon carefully while you are grilling to be sure the sugar in the rub doesn't burn.
- Move the salmon to a cooler part of the grill if necessary.
- The time it will take to cook the salmon will vary depending on the heat of the grill and the thickness of your fillets, about 9 to 12 minutes total time.
- When the salmon is cooked, remove the fillets from the grill and place them on a large platter.
- Using a microplane or other small grater, zest the lemon and the lime directly over the salmon.
Tom Douglas, is a Seattle-based chef who has been cooking up Pacific Northwest cuisine since the early eithies and is known for winning the 1994 James Beard Award for Best Northwest Chef.